BioHygiene has built a reputation for developing innovative alternatives to raw materials that are known to be harmful to
human health or damaging to the environment while ensuring the resulting products are highly effective.
Typical raw materials in traditional cleaners are potentially harmful to human health and the environment. Our ethos is to use simple raw materials that perform exceptionally for the task needed. Careful selection and testing over nearly a decade has allowed us to satisfy all of our goals relating to product performance, value for money, better health and safety profiles with a lower environmental footprint. We aim to replace undesirable raw materials with a combination of biology, plant extracts, natural thickeners and naturally derived sustainable surfactants. We want our cleaning products to be safer for the environment and the person using them.
Naturally sourced technology
Gone are the days when ‘green’ meant poor cleaning standards. Our products are used successfully in the harshest industrial and commercial conditions while giving key environmental advantages.
● Raw materials come from renewable and sustainable sources
● Our products are formulated for the lowest possible toxicity and the fastest biodegradability
● Reduced impact on aquatic life
● Reduced use of hazardous substances
● Nothing harmful is left behind
Waste and Energy Management
All cardboard and plastic waste is recycled and as biodegradable as possible with all raw materials being entirely biodegradable. We use cold blending processes during production to reduce energy consumption as much as possible.
Priority for supply of raw materials, packaging and services is given to local companies. We formulate effective product concentrates to reduce carbon footprint, shipping costs, waste emissions and fully optimise our shipping volume to packaging weight ratio.
No Animal Testing
None of our raw materials or products have been tested on animals.
A promise to exclude ‘watch list’ raw materials
Used for decades, traditional cleaners have a number of raw materials that have a negative impact on human health and
damage the environment. We have developed a ‘watch list’ of raw materials to avoid, examples of which include:
● Palm oil and derivatives
● Methylene chloride
● Benzidine-based dyes
● Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
● Optical brighteners
● Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
● Chlorine-based agents (sodium hypochlorite)
● (APEO) and other alkylphenol derivatives
● Benzotriazole and its derivatives
● Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), diethylenetriaminepenaacetic
acid (DTPA) and nitrilotriacetic acid (NTA),
or any of their salts
● Heavy metals**, including antimony (Sb), arsenic (As),
cadmium (Cd), chromium (Cr), cobalt (Co), lead (Pb) mercury
(Hg), and tin (Sn)
● Linear alkylbenzene sulfonates (LAS)
● Monoethanolamine (MEA) and triethanolamine (TEA)
● Selenium and selenium compounds
● Nitromusks and polycyclic musks